Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Book 28 of 2008: Live Girls by Ray Garton



Book Description:

The garish neon lights of New York City's Times Square can be very seductive. And so can the promises of dark pleasures on the seedier side streets. To Davey Owen, the lure of a glowing sign advertising "Live Girls" was too hard to resist. He was looking for a little entertainment. He found instead a nightmare in the form of a beautiful but strangely pale woman. A woman who offers him passion, ecstasy - and eternal life - but takes in exchange his lifeblood and his very soul.

My Opinion:

After having recently read RAVENOUS by Garton I wanted to check out more by him so moved on to his vampire series. I found myself loving LIVE GIRLS even more than RAVENOUS (most likely because I prefer vampires to werewolves plus... who can top a book about vampire chicks stealing blood from a guy's erection... ha ha!!!) I found LIVE GIRLS to be a refreshing take on the vampire stories out there as a lot of the myths were left behind. As with RAVENOUS I found myself growing attatched to many of the characters and am looking forward to continuing the saga of some of them in NIGHT LIFE (which I've already started reading).

For those horror fans out there who've yet to give Ray Garton a shot... what are you waiting for?!?!?!? Check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment