Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Book #1 - Eternal Hunger by Cameron Dean


ISBN: 0345492552
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 336pp
Pub. Date: December 26, 2006
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Dates Read: 12/27/06-01/01/07 (6 days)
Series: Candace Steele Vampire Hunter Series, #3
Bought book at Barnes & Noble ($6.99, but had exchanged another book in for this 1 and 1 other, so... basically I got the book free!!!)

From the Publisher

A vampire killer with a Las Vegas beat, Candace Steele has risked everything to vanquish the forces of darkness -- and to resist her own passionate desire for Ash, a dark and seductive vampire. But suddenly the stakes are raised. Candace has been attacked by a member of the Board, an ancient, powerful, and secret vampire sect with a vendetta against Ash. Now the only way she can save her life is to give herself to Ash -- body and soul -- and become a vampire.
Lusting for blood and starving for Ash’s embrace, Candace is pulled deeper and deeper into his world. She no longer trusts his promise that she will not have to remain a vampire forever. And as the hunger threatens to overwhelm her, it may be too late for her to leave the darkness behind.

What I thought of the book

I was so excited about reading this book after the first 2 in the series that I drove to 4 stores on the 26th looking for the book... unforunately no one had it out yet. The next day I called Barnes & Noble in the morning and had them hold me a copy so that I could pick it up on my lunch break. I started reading it that night and due to the holidays I didn't manage to get really into it and finish it until January 1st. I read over half the book that day. I think another reason it took me a while to get into it was because I was afraid to reach the end as I knew it was the end of the series. Once I got halfway through the book, I couldn't put it down though. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the way it ended. It definitely wasn't a bad ending, but it wasn't really what I wanted to happen. Of course, the 3rd book started off the way I had planned on it ending. This was one of my favorite series that I read in 2006 and I'm glad I was able to start 2007 off with such a great book! I highly recommend this series to all paranormal fans, unless of course they don't like a lot of hot sex scenes! YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment