Thursday, January 22, 2009

Book 5 of 2009: The Reach by Nate Kenyon



Book Description:

Young Sarah is no ordinary girl. She's been diagnosed as schizophrenic and locked away in a children's psychiatric ward. But that's not what makes her special. She also has a very strange - and powerful - gift. Scientists have been studying Sarah's remarkable psychic power for years, enhancing it, manipulating it... twisting it into something evil. But their plans have gone horribly wrong. How much longer can they control Sarah? And what will happen if her powers are unleashed?

My Opinion:

Well... considering I normally take at least 5 days to finish most books, I'd assume me saying I read this in 48 hours would tell people how much I enjoyed this book. It was a very fast-paced and intense read. I kept reading on as I wanted to find out how things were going to end up for Sarah. This wasn't a "scary" horror book, but had lots of action scenes as well as paranormal elements within so the book couldn't be labeled as just a "thriller" so it's definitely a horror book, just a lighter one than what I've been reading lately, which was a refreshing change of pace.

Nate Kenyon doesn't tend to lean overly heavy on the details of surroundings and such, which I like, as I get bored at times with all the details. I enjoy dialogue and there was quite a lot within the book (whether spoken verbally or to oneself mentally). I have yet to read BLOODSTONE and am really looking forward to doing so now that I've had a taste of Kenyon's writing!

1 comment: