Monday, February 2, 2009

Book 7 of 2009: Pride by Rachel Vincent



Book Description:

I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human
ex-boyfriend—and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human
is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride—along with
murder and disclosure of our existence to a human. I'm two for three. A
goner. Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside,
hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him
before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can
protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the
scheming of the territorial council. If I survive my own trial…

My Opinion:

I think this is the strongest book in this series yet! This book definitely seems to be a key book for the series as it shows Faythe becoming stronger and making more decisions for herself as well as for others. She is definitely heading in the direction of one day taking over her father's position in the pride. This book has a little bit of everything as it's a mix of fantasy, horror, romance, comedy, etc... Really looking forward to PREY to come out this July!

My review of Pride on MonsterLibrarian.com:

Third in Vincent's Werecat series, Faythe Saunders is facing challenges more intimidating than ever. You'd think being a werecat is difficult enough, but in this book she is facing the werecat tribunal, on trial for her life as they believe she has committed murder! Not only that... there is a new tabby in town and this tabby is different than any they have ever seen. Faythe is on a mission to help herself and the tabby keep their lives!

Faythe is definitely not a young tabby anymore! Pride shows how much Faythe has grown up by how she takes control of so many situations and makes decisions without waiting for the Alphas to give her the go ahead. She is head strong and definitely heading in the direction of taking over her father's position one day. This book seems to be a "key" book in the series to show what her role will be one day. There is a good mix of paranormal, dark fantasy, and mild horror within this book... as well as a touch of romance and humor so it should fulfill the wants and desires of most readers. I highly recommend it as an addition to any library.

Contains: violence, adult situations, adult language

To see the review live, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment