Saturday, February 28, 2009

Movie 11 of 2009: Dirty Dancing



Movie Description:

Dirty Dancing is a 1987 romance film. Written by Eleanor Bergstein and directed by Emile Ardolino, the film features Jennifer Grey, Patrick Swayze, Cynthia Rhodes, and Jerry Orbach. The story details the moment of time that a teenaged girl crosses over into womanhood both physically and emotionally, through a relationship with a dance instructor during a family summer vacation. Around a third of the movie involves dancing scenes choreographed by Kenny Ortega (later famous for High School Musical), and the finale has been described as "the most goosebump-inducing dance scene in movie history".

Movie Trailer:



My Opinion:

This is probably the bazillionith time I have watched this movie, but it never gets old an I ALWAYS cry at the same spot in the movie (during the song "She's Like The Wind" when Johnny is leaving). I watch this movie a lot when I'm upset, which was the case this time as well. It is kind of a "comfort" movie for me... kind of like spaghetti is a comfort food for me. There are just certain things a girl needs I guess. Some girls go for chocolate... I go for DIRTY DANCING.

No comments:

Post a Comment