Thursday, February 11, 2010

Book 14 of 2010: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll


Read this in anticipation to the new Alice in Wonderland movie coming out by Tim Burton. I had never read this, though have seen a few movie versions and while reading it I kept picturing scenes from one particular TV version that I've since found on YouTube (thanks to BardandQueen for that!) chopped into snippets and have been watching over the course of several days. With the book however, I was a little disappointed as I had kept hearing that the book was so much darker than the Disney movie that was released way back when, but when reading it... I didn't really find it to be so dark. I am curious now to find out what Tim Burton does with things though, however I have since read that his movie isn't based on the book itself, but on the adventures of Alice as a teenager when she goes BACK to Wonderland. Still glad that I took the time to read it though just to familiarize myself with the story once again and in more detail and have started reading other Alice spin-off books to prepare me even more for the movie release.

No comments:

Post a Comment