Sunday, October 21, 2007

Book #33 - Graverobbers Wanted (No Experience Necessary) by Jeff Strand


ISBN: 1594263485
Format: Trade Paperback, 188 pp
Pub. Date: March 2005
Genre: Comic Horror
Series: #1 in the Andrew Mayhem series
Bought at Amazon.com for $12

From the Publisher

When you're desperate for money, searching for a little adventure, and aren't the most responsible person in the world, you can end up doing some outrageous things. Which is how Andrew Mayhem, an extremely married father of two, ends up accepting $20,000 to find a key...a key buried with a body in a shallow grave.

But what he finds in the grave isn't quite what he expected, and what begins as a simple evening of morally questionable manual labor turns into a really good way to die. Andrew finds himself investigating a murder while forced into a bizarre game of wits and courage played by an unseen killer with a twisted sense of humor. It's a game that will involve him with a group of filmmakers known as Ghoulish Delights, who are hiding a secret that will test every last bit of Andrew's nerve to discover.

And it's impossible to find a babysitter.


My Opinion of the Book

This is my second time reading this book. I read it several years ago as part of a bookring. My stomach didn't churn as much this time around, but it's still extremely sick & twisted!!! Jeff Strand is my all-time favorite author, though it frightens me that he can come up with ideas like he puts in his stories. I highly recommend this series to all fans of horror and comedy as Strand is the king of mixing these two genres! I plan to re-read books 2 & 3 soon and then I'll be awaiting the release of the 4th installment in the Andrew Mayhem series. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment