Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Book 6 of 2009: Hot Blood edited by Jeff Gelb and Lonn Friend



Book Description:

YOU'VE NEVER HAD HORROR LIKE THIS!

Robert R. McCammon... Graham Masterton... Harlan Ellison... Ramsey Campbell... F. Paul Wilson... Robert Bloch... Richard Christian Matheson... Dennis Etchison... these and other masters of the macabre take you into their private world of fear, fantasy, and fatal attraction. In twenty-four tales of dread and debacuery, a preternatural lust lures the beast out of a beguiling beauty... a voodoo sorceress sells a potion that promises men really big things... in a carnal boardinghouse, the living seduce the unquiet dea... and a passionate one-night stand leads a lonely salesman into an ancient rite of sexual madness.

Guaranteed to raise your hackles - and your heartbeat - these stories are not for the timid. Dare to read just one and experience that fiendishly delicious chill and thrill meant only for the initiated...

My Opinion:

I've had the HOT BLOOD books (or most of them anyway) setting on my shelf for many years now and I kept saying I was going to get to them and just kept putting them off. Now that I've read this one... I can't believe I kept putting them off! I can't say that I absolutely loved EVERY story in this book, but there are some great pieces within this one book as there are twenty-five stories and authors to choose from. I was introduced to many authors I have never read and some I had never even heard of. My list of novels to read sooner-rather-than-later has now grown as I'll be bumping up some of the authors I read within this collection. If you are looking to find some good erotic horror stories, look no further, as this book definitely gives a wide variety!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great blog going here! There were some books I haven't heard of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! I try to keep it updated as I go as well as cross-post several other places (shelfari, goodreads, facebook, myspace, and sometimes amazon). I also am going to be reviewing for MonsterLibrarian as well now so my reviews will be changing format a bit in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete