Thursday, February 26, 2009

Book 9 of 2009: Crimson by Gord Rollo



Book Description:

The citizens of the Canadian town of Davinsport, Ontario, are no
strangers to fear. Evil has walked their streets before, leaving in its
wake a legacy of murder, and mad-ness. No one likes to talk about it
anymore, and most people have managed to convince themselves it never
really happened, but secrecy and denial can only hide the truth for so
long. Evil can wait forever. By 1967, what had happened was nothing
more than a legend, a scary story told around roaring campfires. Four
boyhood friends are about to discover the truth, but no one will
believe them. Their parents think the boys?

My Opinion:

This is Gord Rollo's second mass market release
(following last year's JIGSAW MAN). Definitely a strong release, yet I
still think JIGSAW MAN is my favorite thus far. CRIMSON was strong
from start to finish, however; and was full of twists and surprises.
In particular there was one scene where the "evil" popped up that I SO
didn't expect it to. It just seemed really unlikely and I was like...
what the f***!?!?!? Rollo is quickly becoming a favorite author of
mine and I'm looking forward to future releases by him.

My Review on MonsterLibrarian.com:

Crimson by Gord Rollo

Leisure, 2009

ISBN: 978-0-8439-6195-9

Available: New

Gord Rollo's second mass market release is about a small town in Ontario,
Canada where an evil has been lurking for years. Four young boys are
trying to unearth the truth of what happened over 20 years earlier when
a man brutally murdered his family and has since been though of as just
a scary story. While searching out the truth, the boys discovered more
than they bargained for and soon started to realize that maybe the
"evil" hadn't really left their small little town after all...

This book would be a great addition to any library's horror section
as it has quite the "creep" factor going on. The book had lots of
twists and turns in it that kept me wondering how things were going to
end up. Towards the end of the book I was so nervous about how it was
going to end that I think I chewed both of my thumb nails off. Rollo's
work is definitely a nail-biter and very fast-paced! He's a great new
& rising author in the horror genre.

Contains: violence, gore, adult language

No comments:

Post a Comment