Friday, February 8, 2008

Book 8 of 2008: Wicked by Sasha White

Book Description:

Bad-boy divorce attorney Karl Dawson has seen all the ways love can go wrong. That's why he's given up on it. Jaded and feeling restless, he has playmates, not girlfriends. A leather-clad Dominant, he comes and goes in the city's after-dark playgrounds as he pleases. That's how he likes it.

Lara Fox is an independent jack-of-all-trades who can do anything she sets her mind to - except that falling-in-love thing. She's got a need for control too strong for most men, and an inability to walk away from a challenge. Including a challenge like Karl. He's cocky, arrogant, and demanding. That's how she needs it.

They're perfect for each other. But what begins as a sensual battle of wills turns into a journey neither is prepared for when Lara is threatened and emotional walls start to crumble.

My Opinion:

I can not get enough of Sasha's books! I tore into this book as soon as I got home from work on Wednesday and found the Amazon box sitting on my front porch. I actually was frustrated at first because I thought the book was taking a turn on me from what I expected. I knew Karl was a bad boy Dom and he was always "playing" in an underground club called The Dungeon and I thought she was going to stray completely away from that scene. I was pleasantly surprised when I was wrong and the book started picking up very quickly. I couldn't put it down as I wanted to know how everything was going to pan out in the end!

After completing this I picked up a horror book to start on to take a break from the erotica again for a bit, but I just read on Sasha's website that KINK also includes a story based on the characters/location from this book and I didn't know that. So... as soon as I finish my current read, I'm switching over to reading KINK! I just hope I didn't read something out of order because I hate that!!! Ugh!!! Oh well, too late now!

No comments:

Post a Comment