Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book 9 of 2008: Monstrosity by Edward Lee



Book Description:

Blue skies, palm trees, and flawless white sand beaches. Clare Prentiss thinks her new home is paradise, and her brand-new job as security chief at the clinic almost seems too good to be true.

It is.

Lurid dreams, erotic obsessions, and twisted sexual fantasies aren't the only things that abruptly invade Clare's life. Is someone really peeping into her windows at night?

Yes.

Are those screams she hears just her imagination?

No.

Is Clare being stalked?

Yes. But not by a man. By a monstrosity.

Will the last scream Clare hears be her own?

My Opinion:

Another great recommendation from my buddy Nick Cato!!! I absolutely loved this book! I was having trouble understanding what the prologue had to do with anything, even when those characters popped up throughout the book, but the epilogue tied it all together in the end. :) There were many memorable scenes in the book... the giant toad, the "voyeuristic" Clare, the scenes where Clare was having erotic dreams, but I think the funniest (well, for me anyway... maybe not for the guys... LOL!!!!) scene was where "Ranger Jingles" got a little shock.

I will definitely be reading more by this author in the near future as I thought his writing style was great and he kept me on the edge of my sit throughout most all of the book. But for now... I'm digging my way through another "smut" book.

No comments:

Post a Comment