Saturday, February 23, 2008

Movie 15 of 2008: Jaws



Movie Description:

Steven Spielberg's film is generally considered one of the scariest movies ever made. The frightfest is based on the book by Peter Benchley, son of author Nathaniel and grandson of author Robert Benchley. The plot is simple: The tourist season of a resort island is devoured by a great white shark. The ensuing "fishing trip" to catch the monstrous man-eater is filmed with power and suspense and plenty of scares that has had audiences jumping out of their seats for decades--and staying out of the water.

Movie Trailer:







My Opinion:

Okay, so I gave in and watched Jaws as I was getting tormented for having never seen it. Twenty minutes into the movie I was questioning why it was considered such a great movie, but I kept on watching. I can't say that I loved the movie by any means, but it did improve and the way they ended up killing the shark was pretty cool. When the shark had his "last meal", I thought the close-up of the shark made him quite fake looking. (though not nearly as bad as the homemade plant we had in Jr. High for our production of Little Shop of Horrors... LOL!!!) I doubt I'll go on to watch Jaws 2 or 3, but I'm glad that I at least gave this one a try. I guess I'm just not the movie fanatic like a lot of people are. Had I read Peter Benchley's book I probably would've enjoyed it better than I did the movie, but having seen the movie now... I'll probably never bother with the movie. (which reminds me, I should probably get rid of the Lord of the Rings books since I ended up watching those movies last year. ha ha!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment