Sunday, August 19, 2007

Book #24 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling



ISBN: 0545010225
Format: Hardback, 784 pp
Pub. Date: July 21, 2007
Genre: Teen Fantasy
Series: #7 in the Harry Potter series
Bought on Amazon.com for $17.99 (had on pre-order since Feb. 1, 2007)

From the Publisher

Harry has been burdened with a dark, dangerous and seemingly impossible task: that of locating and destroying Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes. Never has Harry felt so alone, or faced a future so full of shadows. But Harry must somehow find within himself the strength to complete the task he has been given. He must leave the warmth, safety and companionship of The Burrow and follow without fear or hesitation the inexorable path laid out for him.

In this final, seventh installment of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling unveils in spectactular fashion the answers to the many questions that have been so eagerly awaited. The spellbinding, richly woven narrative, which plunges, twists and turns at a breathtaking pace, confirms the author as a mistress of storytelling, whose books will be read, reread and read again.

My Opinion of the Book

No Spoilers!!!

This book has probably become my fave of the Harry Potter series. I did have a few things I didn't enjoy about this book, but overall I loved it. The parts I didn't enjoy would be major spoilers for those who have yet to read the book, so I won't mention them here, but feel free to message me if you're curious. I thought Rowling did a great job in wrapping things up, although the epilogue left a lot to be desired. I did shed tears twice within the book... once during an entire chapter when we discovered everything about Snape. While waiting for this book, that was the main thing I was waiting to hear about. I had my ideas on him, but didn't know the full story behind him. The other time I cried was when one of my favorite characters was killed, but I won't say who to avoid spoilers as well. I will miss the anticipation of more books to come, but I look forward to whatever new series Rowling decides to come out with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment