Sunday, September 16, 2007

Book #29 - Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris


ISBN: 0425213102
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 206 pp
Pub. Date: December 5, 2006 (reprint)
Genre: Mystery
#2 in the Lily Bard Series
Bookring started by Amberkatze... sent to me by Maurean... next to innae!

From the Publisher

When Lily stumbles upon the well-built corpse of a local body builder-his neck broken by a barbell-the town's underlying racial tension begins to boil over. The white victim was somehow connected to two unsolved murders of black residents of Shakespeare-and a dogged policeman is determined to stop the killing. But it is Lily herself who may have to decide whether to stay and fight for justice, or run away one more time.


My Opinion of the Book

Yet another great Harris book! This book ended up more interested than I had assumed it would from the prologue as it ended up being based around a much bigger problem then just one murder. Again, Harris continues with a lot of character advancement (though I've also come to terms with the fact that Lily is quite the little nympho... LOL!!!) I do like the "new guy" though. I think he's much better than Marshall and Claude. I can't wait to find out what becomes of him come book 3. Shakespeare's Christmas, which I will be starting VERY soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment