Friday, June 22, 2007

Book #22 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


ISBN: 059035342x
Format: Trade Paperback, 309 pp
Pub. Date: December 16, 2002
Genre: Teen Fantasy
Series: #1 in the Harry Potter series
Bought used at a library sale I believe... probably for $1

From the Publisher

Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a cloak of invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years. But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him...if Harry can survive the encounter.

My Opinion of the Book

I typically don't re-read books, but with the final book of this series coming out next month I thought I'd give the series a try again. I am sure that there are many things that I missed during my first hurried reading and I am trying to catch those bits now. I actually really enjoyed reading this book again... and after having seen the movies I was able to picture faces and hear the voices of the characters as I read along, which made it all the more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment