Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 - A Year In Books

Total Read in 2009: 80 (Technically 88 if you count the 8 other paranormal erotica novellas I read that were part of anthologies... I didn't add them though since I didn't read the 2 novellas by other authors within the same book)

The Breakdown:

Horror - 44
Paranormal Erotica - 10
Teen Paranormal - 8
Bizarro - 4
Urban Fantasy - 3
Paranormal Romance - 3
Teen Other - 3
Paranormal Mystery - 2
Fiction - 1
Graphic Novel - 1
Poetry - 1


Top 10 Books I Read in 2009 (I have posted a somewhat different list somewhere else, but that was prior to me giving this really detailed thought and I was also not done with reading all of my end-of-year books, so... this is the official. I also didn't include books that I re-read this year that were originally posted in the previous list that was posted. It was VERY hard to choose just 10 because I read a LOT of great books this year. Reviewing for MonsterLibrarian has given me the opportunity to try out some new authors that I haven't read before and I'm finding some new treasures out there. :) Two other books that I thought of putting on this list and didn't are books that I helped edit this year, but are coming out next year so figured I'd wait and add them to next year's list as I'm SURE they will make my list when I read them after publication.) Click on the book title/author name in order to go to that book's entry and read my review for the book.

10. Wolf Tales 9 by Kate Douglas


9. The Kult by Shaun Jeffrey


8. Strange Magic by Gord Rollo


7. The Lucid Dreaming by Lisa Morton


6. Depraved by Bryan Smith


5. Succulent Prey by Wrath James White


4. The Resurrectionist by Wrath James White


3. Benjamin's Parasite by Jeff Strand

2. As Fate Would Have It by Michael Louis Calvillo


1. The 13th by John Everson



Top 5 Authors New To Me in 2009:

1. Wrath James White
2. Bryan Smith (in addition to Depraved listed above I also read his book Soultaker this year... also great!)
3. Michael Louis Calvillo
4. Lisa Morton
5. Shaun Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment